In this workshop we aim to discuss examples of such multifaceted community involvement in cultural heritage and of related technology design and use.
We welcome submissions on the following themes:
- The emergence of communities of interest and of practice in cultural heritage and how technology
- Studies of communication and interaction within and among heritage communities;
- Practices of participation and cooperation by heritage communities in technology design;
- Crowdsourcing, participatory science initiatives and community engagement in cultural heritage
- Technology design and evaluation for heritage communities;
- Challenges and opportunities for community involvement in cultural heritage.
The workshop will run over 1 day on Sunday, 28th of June 2015 as part of Communities & Technologies 2015 in Limerick (Ireland). During the workshop, we will facilitate a set of presentations and hands-on group exercises. We invite the participants to contribute to the workshop with either posters illustrating a concept/framework, or samples of data collected during fieldwork, or demos/prototypes, and these materials will be the main subject of the discussion.
As a follow up to the workshop, we aim to produce an edited publication (journal special issue or edited book) collecting all the workshop contributions in extended form. Exploration of possible publication venues is ongoing.
Papers should be between 4 and 6 pages long and formatted according to the ACM SIG Proceedings Template.
Paper submissions should be emailed to Dr. Areti Damala (areti[DOT]damala[AT]strath[DOT]ac[DOT]uk)
All submissions will be reviewed by the organizing team.
May 1st, 2015: deadline for submissions
May 15th, 2015: notifications due
June 1st, 2015: early registration deadline
June 28th, 2015: workshop at C&T 2015 in Limerick